Tuesday, February 22, 2011

22nd February, 2011 Tuesday Rubies






Beau was an absolute darling this morning. He opens his mouth for his bit and is so responsive when he is long reined, he really thinks about what he is asked to do. Today I did long rein him off the bit, something I don't always do and he was really soft in his responses. He was ridden a little further again today and was such a good little horse. Afterwards it was a short trip down the road to meet Daisy, a Haflinger. She's a sweetie too and didn't put a foot wrong during our session.
"Walked Daisy in hand yesterday to somewhere completely new, to meet a friends youngster, she was great, rode her in the field when we got back and finished on a positive.
Took her out today alone again. Had a lovely ride on the common, took her to another planty spot, encouraged her through it with her whinnying because she had worked out we should have been going home and I had got her to go in the opposite direction, she went through the planty spot even though I could sense she didn't want to, so once past it I stopped her, smoother her neck and we came home. We rode with the longer reins every time I was aware of it, I have taken a lot of note of many of the little things you told me, which you must do as instinct i.e. I wont let her nibble my hands, am smoothing her instead of patting her, am taking more time with her and feel generally more 'aware' of her if that makes sense. I can count 17 hoof prints to one breath out, am conscious of how I move around her while she stands so am moving her around me........ there's probably some more things but just to let you know that today was such a positive day. Will be getting Martin our next week [saddler]. I hope (should really say believe) things are turning round, I realise it is early days." LW 27.2.11
"Well I don't want to speak too soon but I think Daisy is back. I have just been out with A and Rosie, we took them in the box to hurn Forest and Daisy who usually follows (especially Rosie) led! She led on the way out, on the way back, through bogs and really quite deep water which was up to her tummy!! She hates mud and water!!!! You have truly waved a magic wand on us, my friend A commented on how forward my Daisy Dimpling was..... Happy, happy, happy.
I will have a couple of jaunts out alone now but once again a big BIG thank you for putting us back on track. Martin saddler coming on 16th."LW 2.3.11