Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5th July, 2011 Furry friends









On Friday I went out to a Welsh Cob that although broken in, had regressed to not being caught and being really frightened of ropes due to a mishap. As the fencing could not be trusted, I could put no pressure whatsoever on this little mare and therefore used clicker training from the outset. I asked her to touch and then put her nose in the furry hoola-hoop and then the furry hoola-hoop headcollar that Xanthe made for me. I left this with the owners and yesterday they got it all the way on successfully using clicker themselves.

7th July - "... she whinnied when I arrived again today and was fine with the fluffy headcollar and her own headcollar. I also led her a few steps using the headcollar and she didnt mind..." KF



I would hope that her owners can now retrace their steps through her education, perhaps spending more time on some areas in order to consolidate and to build up her confidence, before she is ridden again...