Thursday, April 3, 2014

3rd April, 2014 Fond Farewells

Just before I go...

Time to say goodbye for the horses and darling Piglet before I leave tomorrow. I arrived this morning under a donkey coloured sky to find some of the ponies having a snooze under the watchful eye of the others.


Jack was very happy as usual to come out of the garage, for a bit of a drive around the countryside. There are plans afoot for a really good role for him in the future.

I can almost hear my Nan saying, if you run with your hands in your pockets you'll break your elbows.




Piglet leaves on Saturday so just time for a dress rehearsal. When I left this afternoon he followed me across the field at a trot and left me close to tears. I'm confident his owner has a way forward now but oh so tempting to offer to keep him!



Final visit of the week, this time to see how Tigerlily has been getting on. Her owner's homework was to get her out and about a bit and to ask her to accept the saddle. Success with both it seems and today we expanded her world by walking her out further than she has been for years. Far from being worried, she seemed to welcome the opportunity for a bit of migration.


She wasn't sure about the poorly tree but agreed to approach it and had a bit of a chew on it's roots. Later she was happily leaping over fallen logs.