Friday, September 19, 2014

19th September, 2014 Annie the Appaloosa



Annie the Appaloosa went out for some traffic training this morning. She's another horse that has only just arrived with her owner and, although she was backed and ridden for six weeks, she has not met much in the way of traffic at all. It became clear though that she needed some basic groundwork first to establish some control of her body and some control of her emotions. These two are so closely connected and the art is to establish some basic ground rules such as you must not run me over and you must not overtake me so that you can connect with her body and then connect with her mind. 


"Thank you Sarah, I came away from our session thinking that a few extra weeks input now will make all the difference to my relationship and partnership with Annie long term, and also my ability to keep her safe!" MJ