Thursday, November 27, 2008

27th November, 2008 True romance is not dead




David is a very romantic man but not in a conventional way - buying flowers is not for him, especially as he travels by motorbike and a bunch of stalks isn't a particularly attractive gift. Instead I get a series of useful gadgets - a wind up torch, a tow rope for the car and an emergency battery booster. He wouldn't want me to get stranded in the dark in the car or is it that he can't face putting his leathers on to come and find me? The best present ever though has been heated insoles for my decrepid working boots. They may let in water, but at least it's warm water!

David also does fantastic impressions but you have to get him drunk to see the cross between David Bowie and Mick Jagger going down the plughole....you probably have to be there to appreciate it. This is him doing the chap off Dragon's Den. I quite fancy him like that.