Saturday, January 2, 2010

2nd January, 2010 Is there anything exciting about 47?



Tomorrow I shall be 47 which seems to be a very non-descript age to be. Oh well. Julie bought me a super notebook with photos of the horses on the cover - I shall use it for making notes for the new book. Jenny summed up the way Piper made people feel when she says: "I can honestly say nothing compares to the humbling feeling when Piper allowed me to touch him, personally that is a feeling I shall never forget." I'm rather daunted by the prospect of starting on it but I am sure it will be fine when I get going.

Today I got this lovely e-mail from Jan who owns Phineas (above). Can you believe how tall he is at only 10 months old?

"I do feel as if everyday is my birthday following your visit to help me and Phineas in November! I can't believe what a beautiful, confident ,trusting boy he is since you came. He just comes on in leaps and bounds and surprises us every day with the speed he learns things. He happily picks up all four feet now, wears rugs and goes for walks down the lane meeting all sorts of scarey, horse eating things! He is such fun to have around and everyone at the yard is amazed at how he has such good manners (and hasn't tried to kill me yet!). I know I wouldn't be at this stage with him without you and think of you everytime I'm with him..motorbike hands and smiley ropes..the breathing comes more naturally now! Our vet was astounded when he visited for jabs last month as he was safely able to feel his 'bits' and inject with no fuss!"JW