Tuesday, February 17, 2015

17th, February, 2015 Custard Reheated

You may recall that just over a month ago I did some work with a pony that hated being clipped so much that he would rear and box people with his feet even when he was sedated. I worked out that he wasn't so much worried by the sound of the clippers but by the sensation and that if he was rubbed deeply at the same time as being clipped he was actually fine. Today he has been fully re-clipped again (he has Cushings) and this is what his owner said:

"Hi Sarah, I have got some FANTASTIC news for you! Today, with Meg on standbye ( but not needed ) I reclipped Custard, with no sedation, no battle, no trauma. He was such a brave boy, I was incredibly proud of him. I don't know how to thank you enough for your help, you are a genius! ;D xx" SV