Sunday, January 29, 2023

Going our separate ways - it's not what you think



It was my turn to be the early riser one morning when Tom had very kindly arranged for me to go up in Cub for the security flight which takes place every morning. Smooth, slow, and scenic, it was ideal, and Josh and I beat the bounds, looking for poachers and admiring the animals from above. It was good to see flowing water which has kept the dams field during this prolonged period of drought. 





When I got back to the extra strip, Patrick drove me around to headquarters to see Vicky, the Greater Kudu again, and Jamie the newly-orphaned Lesser Kudu that Tori is bringing up with his usual skill and love. 




Our next stop was the cottage and stables, where I met the baby Bush-baby which has been tamed using No Fear, No Force techniques!



The Bush-Baby currently lives in Tom and Jo's bedroom and will soon have a Bush-baby flap to the outside world. 




Pikka and Harvey's foal is called Stokesy after the cricketer, but is known variously and understandably by the staff as Soksi and Sexy - personally I was after Harpic but there no other votes for that one. 


And finally for me, a gratuitous picture of Jo's beautiful dog.

Meanwhile, David and Xanthe headed out to see Ambrose in his home village of Koija, where the Chui Mamas are building a functional building in which to make and sell their goods.