Monday, January 23, 2023

Moving on!

The lodges and parks would be nothing without the people who run them. It was great to see George, the chef, who had been working at Loisaba last time I was there. I also met the background staff like Matteo who makes the canvasses for the tents and was hankering to help me make a Star Bed in the UK. 

Room service for David

I could not have lived without Sandra who gave me three fantastic massages, one straight after one of our trips out when I broke into tears on our return because of the pain in my shoulder. 

We returned the favour by taking Sandra on safari. A recent arrival, she had not had the chance to go before

The kitchen staff, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were all so lovely. Once we broke through the formalities and I plundered their Swahili knowledge, we were definitely all mates. 

My teachers, Lawrence and Shadrack

Grace, and your wonderful team, I love you. 

(Left to right) Shadrack, George, Lawrence, Me, David, Xanthe, Moses, Jayne and Grace

Time to fly 'home'...

The trouble with Aircraft Engineers is they don't like flying

Josh and the very plane that took David to hospital and for our covid tests during our last holiday!