Thursday, December 31, 2009

31st December, 2009 Throw another blog on the fire


I am feeling very optimistic about 2010. I have resolved to approach my work with horses with a light heart rather than a heavy one, no matter how much pressure there is from outside influences; to continue to work on my self-esteem and to let go of my ego and to have more fun with Petra Perkins. I rode her out today with David on Chancer and she was an angel; standing still to hold open the gates and walking quietly all the way home.
I like to write down all the bad things that have happened during the year and to throw them on the fire. The loss of Piper, Raine and lately Jenny's pony Peppercorn have all been difficult to take and also the loss of my lovely old friend, Ron, who was always so supportive of the work I was doing.
I'm going to be starting my new book in the new year too - all the chapter plans are done. It's going to be called Piper's Legacy.