Tuesday, May 11, 2010

11th May, 2010 Two's a crowd


Another busy day starting with Oliver at the trailer. Interestingly he was easy to load and quite happily trundling in and out until a second person approached the ramp. Like a lot of horses I think he sees one as company and two as a crowd or more accurately one as a friend and two as foe. How many horses are restrained by one person while another does something to it that it doesn't like? In any event we ended on a good note and we'll start again there tomorrow. I thought I ought to practice what I preach so each of my own horses was loaded before they were ridden this afternoon. They all loaded first time which is great news especially for Theoden where I didn't know how he would react.
We finished today with Jenny leaning over little Flicka once we had made sure that she was fine with the mounting block on both sides.