Wednesday, October 24, 2012

24th October, 2012 Get Lost!

I quipped to my riding companion yesterday that we should go out and get lost. I didn't really mean it but we did it anyway. When we met the first road it took me a little while to work out where we were and since it was being used as a diversion by people off a more major road we thought we would head back the same way as we had come. No chance! So we got lost again and ended up, appropriately at Nomansland. Fortunately I do know my way home from there!


The map says that we only did 6 1/2 miles but it doesn't take account of us going round and round the Mulberry Bushes. Since it took us 2 1/2 hours, I thought the horses would be very tired to day but in fact they were on good form and this time Karen and I all around King's Garn Inclosure and the Bramshaw Golf Course before coming up through Long Beech. We are so fortunate to have so much off road riding.