Sunday, February 9, 2014

9th February, 2014 I'm Not Saying a Word!


Shetlands mutually grooming out on the Forest
A working Sunday due to my trip abroad last week. Off to the farm first thing to check the horses and have a long reining session with Michaela. I really had very little to do as she seemed to have an amazing sense of timing, positioning and direction. She soon graduated from Petra in the field to Nettles out on the Forest.




It was left to me to look for my water skis as Michaela had her short boots on...





"Thanks for the lovely pics and for a fantastic session this morning. I really enjoyed and it gave me a big boost of confidence!" MB

Before setting off for the afternoon appointment we had time for a little fun with Jack who is only to keen to jump anything he is pointed at...




I had even less to say at my next client's. Sarah and Angus were a real team today and seemed to enjoy their stroll out on the Forest in a strange mixture of gale force winds and warm sunshine. Angus is so happy to be there that he keeps the same consistent speed up all the way round. Just time for a discussion about touch, and how to find out what a horse likes. Here Sarah is tracing the bones on his face, something that most horses seem to really love. I'm redundant here now and they'll be going out and about without me from now on.


"Thanks for  so much for coming out to see Angus and I yesterday. Angus and I had such an enjoyable and relaxed walk together. I was impressed by the potential obstacles Angus was unfazed by; new terrain, wind, boggy ground...You have helped me enormously with my confidence; I try to keep in mind your 'positive thinking' approach when I am with Angus and it really appears to have made a change for the better.
Yesterday, I went home smiling and recounted our walk to myself that evening and realised that it could not have been any better." SH