Tuesday, July 21, 2015

21st July, 2015 The 'It' in my Tit


There is very little usually that can distract my attention from horses and more horses, but a letter I received on Saturday, following a recent mammogram, was a violent shock. Anyone who talks about a cancer scare is actually lying, it's a cancer terror. However, to be offered an appointment for a second screening in three days flat is pretty incredible given how pushed the NHS is, and left me very little time to worry about things.Apparently there was something showing up in my left breast which was referred to as 'it' throughout the screening, leaving me wondering about the nature of 'it'. For a moment, life was on a knife edge, wondering if next week would be routine or whether I'd be whisked in for radical surgery with a summer of recovery and a permanent nagging doubt ahead of me. I am pleased to say that it looks as if I am fine, although I have to go back for the formal results next Friday. To all those who I know have had the courage or fortitude to go through the long haul of treatment for cancer I'd like to say thank you for giving me the courage to go and get tested when really I felt like running away. Oh and to anyone that gets offered a test, GO!!!


To cheer ourselves up and to relax a bit, David and I went to see the horses and Henrietta on the way home. I could watch her antics all day.

There's a fly, really, a fly!

There's a cow...
She has a four inch strip down the centre of her nose, where the mealy bit meets the orange, that she actually likes having touched now when everything else is out of bounds.


Henry ate a ginger biscuit