Tuesday, May 31, 2016

31st May, 2016 Fond, Farewell

I know I am not the only one to have grown fond of Twizzle while he has been with us. Georgia, Tracey, and Julie have all enjoyed working with him and he has acquired quite a fan club through Facebook too. Today we took him back home to be reunited with his old, tall, mates. He has got a month or two before he heads off to Norfolk all being well. 
 




"Just wanted to say 'Thank you' for the time and the care that you have given Twizzle. It was lovely to see how relaxed he was when he arrived back at the field. He continued like that after you left and when I let him in with the others he just wandered nonchalantly over and started grazing with them. He seems more grown up than when he left here in every way. I am so pleased that I contacted you about him and tell everyone I know that the money spent with you is the best money I have ever spent. I will try and keep up the good work until you see him again to help load him to go to Thetford." CH

I have been reflecting on what we have taught and shown Twizzle - it was more about working with his 'maybe' than specific tasks, although there were many of those. More than anything I wanted his trust and I think we got that very quickly.