Wednesday, May 20, 2009

20th May, 2009 No strings attached







Jack accepted the lightest of string halters for the first time today - okay so it's really a fillet string in a figure of eight around his head but the principle is the same; at least he is coping with having something on both sides of his body at the same time. Tomorrow I will see if he can go up a gauge. Bree, had her headcollar on pretty easily and we have started handling her legs - not bad considering that Clare has been running a maternity ward for Miniature Shetlands for the past three weeks since I last saw her and hasn't had time to do much work with Bree at all. These horses don't forget things that are done nicely.

I thought I was in trouble this morning when a communication problem meant that I didn't turn up for a loading horse. Fortunately the work we did last time stood her in good stead and I was able to offer a bit of advice over the telephone. The horsebox driver, Steve Mills, did an excellent job too and I was much pleased to hear that the horse had been going in and out of the lorry without a problem. I hate letting people down and would never do it on purpose.