Saturday, May 9, 2009

9th May, 2009 Hectic-ness











Last night I went to meet my publisher, Carol, to collect my books. The dining room table has now been turned into a distribution centre and I don't think we will see the woodwork for a while! Copies can be ordered direct from me at: sarahweston.logg@virgin.net and paid for by cheque or paypal.

A great day up at the fields. Jack has progressed so quickly and is letting me touch him with the feather duster all around his face, down his neck and along to his bottom on both sides. He stands calmly and engages with me every second that I am there. He is still jumpy about things around him - falling leaves, ponies peering round the corner and human voices in the background - but he seems happy to be near me and indeed Jenny who helped me today.

Fern wore a treeless saddle today. We did a short session in that before taking her our with the van at close quarters. She coped well when it overtook her at a slightly higher speed each time. Rosie had her first canter and was ridden with the reins attached to the bit for the first time. She was also ridden by her owner. With Ian long reining Petra, David doing some fencing and Jenny turning up to play with Jack, it's been a bit of a social club. Pictures to follow - camera's battery has gone flat while I was packing books.