Thursday, May 28, 2009

28th May, 2009 If you walk away, walk away - I will follow




Yesterday Frazer and I worked with Aquilino again. He is now leading beautifully on his own and with his Mum. He towers over both me and Frazer. Later, Ludo had his first rug and coped too. Today has been another day of leading work with a two year old Welsh Cob x Throughbred this morning, Lilyloo this afternoon who was led in the field, had her legs and feet handled and now accepts her headcollar from the left, and then....wait for it......12 steps on the lead rein from Jack this afternoon. I am so pleased with him. I can't use any pressure at all as he just has the strength to leave whenever he wants to so pointless to try and make him stay. Accordingly I am completely reliant on him wanting to be with me and, apparently, he does. Pictures to follow.

"Good to see you at the weekend. What incredible progress you have made with Jack, it really is lovely to watch, you are so at one with each other. He is just enjoying his work so much . I am so pleased he will be staying with you. Its just beginning to register that I no longer have to worry about what if Jack needs a vet/has an abscess/needs the farrier etc. No more sleepless nights wondering if I might find him injured one morning and knowing it cannot be dealt with. I hope that you are also achieving all that sadly you could not to achieve with Piper. You should be very proud of the amazing work you are doing ,which is hopefully going to offer this good natured pony with the kind eyes, a bright future. Am enjoying your book -wish it had been around 10 years ago. G agrees with David, thinks you are definitely a horse." ST