Friday, August 7, 2009

7th August, 2009 No news is not good news







Unfortunately I have been too ill all this week to work and therefore this is the blogsite equivalent of a test card. The middle picture shows typical horse transport in Africa - I wouldn't like to load a horse onto one of those for the first time! No wonder we heard of so many accidents and permanent injuries to horses travelling, loading and unloading. The bottom picture shows the typical spotty botty of the Ethiopian and Somalian wild ponies.
Hopefully I will be better by the end of the weekend as I have a full diary for next week.
I am giving a clicker demo on Tuesday evening - it will be interesting to see whether my horses remember how to respond given that I haven't even caught any of them for six weeks never mind done any specific clicker work with them. It's my belief that they will be with me in less than a second as clicker training seems to really stick in their minds. I have been reading Karen Pryor's Book "Reaching the Animal Mind" which suggests that the noise of the click registers directly with the amygdla, the most ancient (and instinctive) part of the brain.