Tuesday, September 21, 2010

21st September, 2010 Working for Peanut(s)

Yesterday I had a fairly routine visit to a really nice 6 year old Connemara pony called Peanut. I had been asked to work on his loading but his owners were really keen to make sure that all their groundwork was in place before we began. This really paid off because when we eventually approached the trailer, he loaded pretty easily and we were able to end the session on a great note. Next time we will train him with the partition in place and hope that he is just as positive.

"I experimented with my 2yr old later in the day with the groundwork you showed us with Peanut. It worked like a dream and he was walking with me all around the paddock with a long looped line and changing direction with me really well!" SS 21.9.10