Wednesday, July 16, 2014

16th July, 2014 Pretty Flamingo

It's been about two years since I saw Gale at the farm where we ran a couple of demos and had a lovely day with the police! She's recently bought a new horse and wanted me to start her off with some good groundwork. Here's another horse that has fallen on her feet and she seems to be very fond of Gale already. The feeling is mutual.


16 years old, this lovely Appaloosa mare was originally bred in Lancashire but there's quite a hole in her history. At some stage she has had Western training and more recently she has been ridden on the New Forest drifts. I am sure that she has had some good quality training in the past and it's only a matter of finding the right buttons. Fortunately she's wearing loads of them.


I thnk she was a little bored by my explanations!


She loved the brolly....


...and was willing to match me stride for stride as we went back to her paddock.

"It was so good to see you yesterday. Please thank Tracey for the excellent photos!! Thanks for juggling things around to fit me in. I’m glad that you like Libby. As I said, it was love at first sight! With your help I am sure I can look forward to a happy ever after too!" GG



Waffle's flamingo impressions are going well and she can now have the front feet picked out. We decided that I should try clicker in order to encourage her to lift her back feet up more willingly. Bless her cotton socks she has no idea what pony nuts or Polos are and therefore I used grass to reward her. By the end of the session she was taking her own muscles to pick her foot up instead of mine! One click was used to say keep on doing what you are doing and three clicks meants well done, job done you can put your foot down now. No doubt Kirsty will make great progress over the next few days.