Saturday, November 28, 2015

28th November, 2015 Home Thoughts From Abroad



Henrietta seems to have elicited a very positive response from everyone who has met her, and everyone who has heard about her. At the Isle of Wight talk she created more interest than the horses. When I put a picture of her in Facebook she typically gets 200 likes whereas a horse, or even poor old David, only get 10 or 20! I have also been sent pictures of everyone else's mule. Above is Ducan, a two year old PRE cross donkey from Andalucia.


And a neighbouring mule that apparently escapes and goes visiting.

Meanwhile, back at home, I received this email from Carla about her three Dartmoor Hill ponies that Tracey and I went to see a little while ago:
"I had to share with you as I know you will appreciate how big a deal this is for her. She was very proud of herself. I have been bringing them into the yard to play with them and she has been on the edge of going in for a few weeks. Fern & Scruff run in and out all the time in the yard (and are super comfortable going in and out of the field shelter). We have been just letting Mama wander around and she wandered into the stable. She is so cute took her ages to go in and then she kept going in and out (if horses could pinch themselves I am sure she would have done)." CD