Friday, September 4, 2015

4th September, 2015 Gracious, me?

It's been some time since Caroline has ridden Tigerlily but, during that break, Caroline has established a much crisper and cleaner routine for clicker training which concentrates on rewarding Tigerlily for the fundamental things that she wants, rather a liberal sprinkling of treats. As a result of that and her continuing drive for personal fitness everything is looking far more gracious and graceful with the added bonus that I am not being mugged for treats and can concentrate on being the calm anchor that they both need.



Clicking and rewarding from the right makes sure that Tigerlily keeps close to the mounting block while we are still at the mounting stage.




Zee seems to be studying how to get out of the gate. Now he has made friends with everyone at the campsite he may go visiting.


My clever girls have turned up one week late for the Drift. Spotted at lunchtime today. 



Two shades of blue. My Blue is at her darkest phase of blue roan whereas grey Blue has no choice but to go white.


An unusual assignment for me this afternoon since I was asked to take photos. I took photos of Memphis when he was a baby for his previous owner and today I got to do it again. He's now four. These are the less orthodox ones...and one of him being ridden. 
 







Meanwhile Liz tells me that she has got Banksy's bridle putting on down to 24 seconds but hey, who's counting!