Sunday, July 11, 2010

11th July, 2010 They are all at it!


Anne H e-mailed as follows:
"I have a Landy update for you. He's not quite so small and scruffy any more!!!! Yesterday, 1st time out this summer and his second ever show, he qualified for the NPS hunter pony youngstock championship."
I worked with Landmark at our Handling the Untouched New Forest Pony course 18 months ago when Anne had just bought him.

I also received an e-mail from Fraser this morning:

"Necator and I had our first class at the Alton Show last week and came 1st in the 1-3year old Foreign Breeds class. He did really well and behaved himself exceptionally. He and I were very tired by the end of it but a good learning experience for us both."

It's been a while since I worked with them both but when I first met Fraser he was a pretty inexperienced horseman who had just bought himself three Andulusians, two of which were colts. It's not my job to deny anyone their dream however there was no doubt that he was going to have a very steep learning curve. As a college lecturer he certainly wasn't going to be afraid of that!