Friday, April 30, 2010

30th April, 2010 Time flies






Checking my records (and writing up my report) it is actually a whole year almost to the day since I saw Bree. I went back again today and was able to catch her in the field with her headcollar (a first for her) and lead her in to the stable yard. We did more fancy footwork and the new code is 4, 12, 15 and 20!!; she appears to be more worried about her front left than any other but has stopped moving backwards when I pick it up. I am using clickered treats to accelerate all of this work and it is definitely helping. Clare has found her a lovely new home and we want her to be right and ready before she goes.

This afternoon Jenny rode Theoden in a trot for the first time and once he had finished his work, I sat on him for the first time. Great elation.

In the meantime Petra and Chancer are clocking up a few miles between them and tonight it was David's turn to ride Chancer. I'm all confused now because there I was in my Western saddle when I found ...... an arrow. Real cowboys and Indians??