Thursday, August 12, 2010

12th August, 2010 Bluebell






This afternoon it was off into the Forest to work with a yearling filly that has only just been weaned from her Mum. Although her Mum is pretty wild and elusive, the filly herself was confident and curious. The agister put a headcollar on her when she was delivered but she has never been touched on her body. Today I worked on her right hand side first of all as that is the side that she offered but later I worked all the way down her left too and got her to the stage where she was definitely enjoying touch. I also used a scarf to thread through her headcollar to start her initial leading work. Her owner then repeated this before we called it a day.
E-mail received 13.8.10 "Thank you so very much for the amazing progress that we made with Bluebell, I have spent alot of time touching her today and she is accepting me on both sides consistently." AL