Tuesday, June 11, 2013

11th June, 2013 G-Day

I am pleased and relieved to report that Minty's gelding operation went perfectly well this morning with no drama, not even one kick or any reaction to the whole thing. We had the A-Team out, in that we had Amy (Reynolds) from The Barn who was magnificent as always - calm, careful, confident - and me at the head end whispering sweet nothings in to his ear, holding his head, stroking his neck and willing him to be fine. I can never be blasé about these things even when I know that he can now go on to have a fabulous life out on the Forest forever. It is a serious and profound operation and I can't engage in easy banter about it. So glad it's over and tomorrow I will be visiting to re-assure him that nothing's changed. In the meantime his owner is keeping a careful eye to make sure there are no sudden complications.