Thursday, October 2, 2014

2nd October, 2014 Clipped Tones

Long term readers may remember Dexey, the teenage horse that had a problem being clipped and always required sedation. We had one session last year following which she was clipped over a few sessions and was fine. I received this from her owner today:

"Just thought I would let you know that a few days ago I decided to clip Dexey for the first time since our previous efforts. Normally, I wouldn’t be clipping so early, but she was getting sweaty during work and perhaps just as important for mum, I hate white hairs everywhere – one of life’s mysteries why white ones are so much worse than other colours. I hadn’t even given a thought as to how she would react, although announcing my intention to a friend the night before, she said she had noticed people at her yard starting to clip and wondered if Dexey would remember her experience. As the power point is there, I set everything up in the yard around the back and although she decided it was all too much to eat her hay, she remained totally calm even in the different surroundings. I did her body one day including, her head, with the ‘big’ clippers and then left the legs until yesterday, simply because I take so long being out of practice and I could tell she wanted a loo break. Both days she proved to be an absolute star...We received more than one comment from other liveries about how good she is to clip – what a turnaround, if only they could have seen her doing the Riverdance at the mere sight of the clipper box.

So, she looks very smart after her makeover, I am very proud of her ( and a little bit pleased with myself too, as although not having clipped for 18 years, I have to say that it looks a pretty good clip!!!) Thank you once again Sarah, for making all this possible." TW