Wednesday, December 31, 2014

31st December, 2014 Goodbyes

Soon be time to say goodbye to 2014 and a poignant goodbye to friend Jan this morning at a Celebration of her life. She arrived in style in a flower bedecked whicker coffin in a VW Camper Van having been taken up to her horses first thing. The service itself was lovely. I met Jan very early on as an IHRA when she asked me to help to train her new young horse to pick up his back feet. With the aid of a feather duster we got this all established pretty quickly. Later she came with me to a farm where we were running courses with zebra and zedonks.


On the back of the order of service it quoted R.B. Cunningham Graham...
"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses."

Just a few weeks before Christmas two of the most iconic ponies on the New Forest were quietly put to sleep on their home ground. I had know and befriended them 13 years ago when I moved to Woodgreen and I shall miss their golden presence. I hope Jan will look after them for us.