Monday, October 19, 2015

19th October, 2015 Working on the Drain Gang

Early start for the men in my life, landlord Anthony, and David, starting work on the all important drains for the barn. I won't know myself this winter what with dry hay and hardstanding to get the horses ready. 


The Worshipful Company of Farriers has a new inspector but I fear that she is bribable.






Elmo has thrown up a couple of surprises since I last saw him. The vet has now aged him at 2 1/2 years rather than 3 1/2 for start. He's started to nap on the way home from a walk, sometimes planting and sometimes lying down. He's certainly not tired, just seems to want to stay where he is, out and about.




That was resolved pretty quickly with some angles whenever he comes to an unwanted halt. This enabled us to do some early work on long reining.

"I have managed to take Elmo out this morning, all be it for a short walk, and he only planted himself once on the way home so a great improvement on the 45 minutes it took last week to get down that hill. so thank you very much again for a great session." KB



On the way home I long-reined Anthony's horse who needs to do some pole work in order to build up his core strength. He is a super little horse who really seems to enjoy being long reined.