Wednesday, February 3, 2016

3rd February, 2015 It's Just A Little Crush

Touch wood (and proper risk assessments), I have always had a very good safety record and my primary concern has always been to keep my clients, their horses, my assistants and myself safe.

On Monday I failed and managed to get myself squished when the horse that doesn't like being in his horsebox decided to leave, squashing me in the corner as he turned. I damaged the ligaments in both of my shoulders and ended up at A and E. At least this time they struggled to find my records as it has been years since they saw me. Just a sling, painkillers and some rest required. With appointments stacking up, it is not easy to stop but I have no choice just for a fortnight.

I don't want to become one of those people who wear their injuries like trophies (in the words of Jim Green) so I will be assessing where things went wrong. Loading is one of the most dangerous things that we do with horses.


In the meantime, things are going extremely well with Tommy and Holly.